Colour Trends for Autumn/Winter 2019
Whether it’s interior design or fashion on the catwalk, AW19 colour trends are often determined by the Pantone Color Institute. This autumn is all about rocking those punchy rich red hues and thoughtfully bold greens, reflecting the statement ‘pronounced and powerful’.
As we look into the beautiful deep rich hues of autumn, we see colours that make us feel cosy and warm, as the weather outside gets colder and darker. Our shades; Vatican Red, Zandra and Peacock Blue are all fantastic colours which are simple, yet still able to create a statement in your home.
This crimson red is inspired by the traditional religious garments of the Pope’s closest servants, Cardinals. When paired with the right hue this luxurious colour will create a dramatic difference in your space. Whilst it is bold, there is a touch of softness, enough to make it appropriate for any room in the house.
- Use Vatican Red in your dining room to create a cosy, intimate space for entertaining as the weather draws in.
- Create a glamorous scheme when pairing it with creams and deep forest greens such as White Pepper and Corsican Green.
- Soften and add charm to your space when complementing with Josephine or Plaster Pink.
A mix of dark purple, maroon and mauve, Zandra is unique in its own right. It is extremely versatile, and as one of our bolder colours it will definitely make a statement this autumn. It gives walls a welcoming pocket of warmth that feels intimate no matter the size of the room.
- This colour would make a fantastic feature wall, perhaps in the living room or in a bedroom.
- For a contemporary feel pair this beautiful shade with woodwork painted in Old Rose.
- To get a real sense for this incredible colour, pair it with white. Whilst White can go with pretty much any colour, these two pair extremely well as it accentuates the purple.
Peacock Blue is the perfect combination of green and blue pigments that together create a gorgeous turquoise colour. This shade is a wonderful and vibrant blue that carries an unrivalled depth of colour.
- We recommend pure white skirting boards to bring the contemporary and sophisticated quality of ‘Peacock Blue’ to life.
- Perfect for your kitchen. Dark shades for kitchens have been a great trend for 2019 so far and it looks set to continue over the autumn winter season.